Assault Crime Appeals
Michigan Criminal Assault Defense Appeals Attorneys
Assault charges carry a wide range of penalties from simple assault (a misdemeanor punishable by up to 93 days in jail and a fine of no more than $500) to the felony charges of assault with intent to rob and steal, or assault against a pregnant woman — both of which can lead to life in prison if you are convicted.
If you have been convicted on charges of assault, you may think your legal options are over, but that is not necessarily true. A few of the post-conviction options you may still have include:
- File a motion for a new trial
- If your sentence was excessive, you may be able to appeal your sentence.
- If you plead guilty and accepted a plea bargain that was not honored, you may be able to motion to withdraw or change your plea.
- If you received inadequate counsel and were found guilty as a result of ineffective counsel you may be able to file a motion for Ginther Hearing.
- If you served your time but your criminal record is holding you back, you may be able to have your record expunged. See "7 Questions to See If Your Assault Conviction is Eligible for Expungement"
Hire Michigan’s Premier Post-Conviction and Appellate Law Attorneys
Serving all of Michigan including East Lansing, Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids, and Detroit
We are experienced trial lawyers and appellate lawyers. We know how to review court records to see if any of your rights were violated during the trial or sentencing process. If you were found guilty for a crime you did not commit because of ineffective counsel, juror misconduct or bias, or because of something the judge did or failed to do, we may be able to help you.
We offer a wide variety of post-conviction services, including:
- Appeal by Application for Leave
- Appeal of Right
- Applying to the Court for Probation
- Conviction Set Aside / Record Expungement
- Federal Appeals
- Grounds for a Motion for a New Trial
- Michigan Criminal Sentence Appeals
- Michigan Supreme Court Appeals
- Motion for Directed Verdict
- Motion for Ginther Hearing – Ineffective Counsel
- Motion to Change or Withdraw a Plea
- Other Motions and Appeals
- Post-Conviction and Pre-Sentencing Motions
Thorough and Aggressive Post-Conviction Motions and Appeals
When you hire the law firm of Grabel & Associates, you can count on a thorough investigation into your case and aggressive post-conviction representation to help you improve the outcome of your case.
We offer a free initial consultation. Email our post-conviction services and appeals attorneys or call us at 1-800-342-7896. The statute of limitation is extremely short for filing motions and appeals. The sooner you call, the better your chances are of ensuring you can pursue all your legal options.